Zhevra are striped unicorn- or zebra-like beasts that are found in the Barrens. They are normally neutral and may not be the strongest of beasts in the Barrens, but stay clear of their kick or you'll regret it. Zhevras hold a lot of strength in their legs and can even knock a tauren on its haunches. Zhevras are rarely used as mounts in Azeroth due to their stubborn nature and tendency to bite. The nightborne classify zhevra as unicorns; or rather, as monohorns, which they claim is a much more fitting name.
As a mount
- Main article: Swift Zhevra
The was formerly available as a reward from the Recruit-A-Friend system.
As a hunter pet
- Main article: Courser#As a hunter pet
- Zhevra were formerly hunted for their , originally used for making fashionable hats with tailoring, but the leather's use as an ingredient was removed in patch 2.3.0 and the item itself was later removed from the game altogether in patch 4.0.3a.
- Zhevra are the favorite prey of the great raptor Ishamuhale.
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): Now part of the courser family.
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Now tamable as part of the stag family.