||This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.
- This may include editing to correct spelling and grammar, rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and wikifying.
- Reason: Poor grammar, and many other things
This article or section includes speculation, observations or opinions possibly supported by lore or by Blizzard officials. It should not be taken as representing official lore.
There are many closed off zones on Azeroth, but what if they were to be opened? The purpose of this page is to create a fact-based speculative zone ideas, similar to the Future race ideas page.
- + Lime green - strongly for.
- + Dark green - for.
- ? White - neutral, could influence either way
- Also used for speculation and comparisons, that may have some support in lore or World of Warcraft game mechanics.
- - Orange - against.
- - Red - strongly against.
- Grey - related info
- Used for speculation or observation.
If you think something on this page is inaccurate, please check the discussion tab before you change it yourself. Let people know you think it is incorrect, and leave your ideas and sources for your information. Together, we can agree on how feasible it is. Only add verifiable and cited information. Please use your common sense.
Again, it is mandatory that this page only be edited after changes are discussed through peer review here and agreed upon by group consensus. Please discuss ideas on the talk page if you feel there should be changes to the main article, so the page does not become a battle field for clashing ideas. If you do not follow the above, you may be prevented from editing.
Zul'Aman during the Third War
- + The instance doesn't cover up the entire zone. Many subzones already established in the lore are missing.
- + Tor'Watha, a troll gate in Eversong Woods, could lead to this zone.
- ? Already in-game as an instance.
- Area shown on the map between Western Plaguelands, Eastern Plaguelands and Ghostlands.
Barrow Deeps during the Third War
- + Established place in lore as the location of Druid of the Claw's lair's location and Illidan's prison.
- + Timbermaw Hold has a side tunnel currently blocked by a door that could lead down to this zone.
- ? Possible location for the dark trolls.
Azjol-Nerub in Wrath of the Lich King
- + The instances don't cover up the entire zone. Many subzones already established in the lore are missing.
- + The Lich King talks about it as a introduction to the final encounter for the Trial of the Crusader and Trial of the Grand Crusader.
- ? Already in-game as two instances.
- - Not likely to happen as Northrend has already been played through with World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King.
- + The Emerald Dream has already been visited in WoW.
- + The vanilla Emerald Dream game files are still in-game as of Legion.
- + Emerald Nightmare already dealt with in
- + The entrances to the Sanctums exist in-game.
- + Each sanctum would have a distinct geography and environment.
- ? No evidence of non-dragon lifeforms within the Sanctums.
- - The Ruby Sanctum and Obsidian Sanctum exist as instances.
- - Reportedly destroyed in Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects.
The instance entrance of Sanctum of the Blue Dragonflight.
The instance entrance of Sanctum of the Bronze Dragonflight.
The instance entrance of Sanctum of the Green Dragonflight.
- A established plane in lore about which not much is known.
- First seen in Warcraft 2
- Balor was a domain of Azeroth (Kingdom of Stormwind) to the west of Stormwind City.
The location of the Darkspear Islands
- + Established place in lore as former home to Darkspear trolls.
- + Has been featured in a short story.
- - The Sea Witch has severely crippled, if not, completely sunk the islands.
- However, this may not be the case since the islands were still active several months later when Zalazane and Vol'jin returned from their trial in First Home.
- Dragon Isles only mentioned in quest Unscarred Black Scale.
- + Has concept art from vanilla WoW.
- ? Not much known about this place, they (or one of them) may be home of one of the dragonflights.
- Has only been labeled on a RPG map of Azeroth.
- + There is recent precedent for RPG locations being elevated to canon, such as Boralus.
- - Speculated to be a different name for Plunder Isle.
- The name Hiji is compatible with the Japanese syllabary, and could be used as the home for a civilization of Japanese-inspired humans.
- Crestfall first seen in Warcraft 2
- Others first seen in Battle for Azeroth
- Strand of the Ancients, Isle of Conquest or Seething Shore could become open world zones. Seething Shore can be seen in the Battle for Azeroth Class Trial.
- Lost Glacier could become a open world zone.
- Island expedition locations could become open world zones.
Minimap of Tol Barad with a island to the south.
- First seen in Cataclysm
- Island south of Tol Barad that is currently inaccessible could become a new zone.
- + Goblin capital Undermine not in-game, as well town of Pyrix, as well as RPG lore locations Edj and Voodress Village.
- Bilgewater Port and the MOTHERLODE!! already featured in-game.
- Bilgewater Port inaccessible after the goblin starting experience and as such not accessible by any other race.
- + Established place in lore as Bloodsail Buccaneers' main base.
Tel Abim banana: more than a simple fruit?
- ? Mentioned in-game via items, like [Tel'Abim Banana] and [Message in a Bottle].
Warcraft 2 map showing Zul'Dare
- First seen in Warcraft 2
- In the Second War the Old Horde built a secret base on the island.
Underneath the Maelstrom in the RPG lore.
- Surface Maelstrom already featured in-game, as well as the underwater Lightless Cavern location.
- Naga capital Nazjatar to be featured in patch 8.2.0.
- + Established other places in RPG lore, including makrura capital Mak'aru.
- Ny'alotha is a mysterious location mentioned in connection to the Old Gods.
Other Draenor remnants in Outland
Map of Draenor from Warcraft 2 before it became Outland.
- Possible Draenor remnants outside current Outland.
- - Quite possibly destroyed and other remnants don't exist or are not yet established in lore.
- + Outland Arena in Warcraft III accessed by Rexxar by a Shimmering Portal in Dustwallow Marsh.
- + On the loading screen for Outland Arena it says that "Lost pieces of Draenor still hurtle through space" implying there could be more pieces of Draenor.
- + Islands shown in Warcraft 2 map not seen in Outland.
- + Ashran established in alterative Draenor not seen in Outland.
- + Farahlon established place in lore both in alterative Draenor and as past version of Netherstorm.