Zukk'ash Infestation (Horde)
38 (Requires 36)
From what scouting we have managed to muster, we believe that the foe south of the gnolls is an insect-like race. Frankly, it is irrelevant whether or not if they're sentient. If they are driving the gnolls to frenzy against us, then they are as big of a threat - if not more - than the gnolls.
Drive deep into where these Zukk'ash insects dwell; it is known as the Writhing Deep. Thin their numbers and report back to me what you find, bringing back their carapaces as evidence of your handiwork.
How goes the hunt, <name>? Are you here to report your success?
Well done, <class>. Though the extensiveness of the Zukk'ash presence will not be thwarted with anything less than a full-scale invasion, you have bought us some time so we can devise a proper strategy.
I will be sure to have these carapaces analyzed; we'll need to learn everything about them before we deal with what has unfortunately turned into a much larger issue than we had anticipated.
Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
- 3900 XP (or 23 40 at level 70)
- 250 reputation with Darkspear Trolls
- 250 reputation with Orgrimmar
- 250 reputation with Silvermoon City
- 250 reputation with Thunder Bluff
- 250 reputation with Undercity
- Breadcrumbs:, , or
- Feathermoon Stronghold (Alliance side quests)
- Side Chain:
- Forces of Nature Part 1 / Weapons of Spirit Part 1:
- Horde-only side chain
- Forces of Nature / Weapons of Spirit Part 2:
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.