Zul'Dare (or Zul'dare) is an island that belongs to the nation of Kul Tiras. It is part of the region of the Channel Islands and is located either south or southeast of the peninsula of Gilneas, in Baradin Bay.
Zul'Dare has not been introduced in World of Warcraft, and its status is unknown.
At the start of the Second War, Orgrim Doomhammer ordered the Blackrock clan to establish a base of operations in the island of Zul'Dare, not far from Lordaeron's shores, in order to prepare their strike towards the coastal human settlements.
Just before the battle of Hillsbrad Foothills, Admiral Daelin Proudmoore and the Alliance navy intercepted the Horde fleet near the island, successfully attacking the enemy ships, but the arrival of three enslaved red dragons turned the battle and Daelin and his ships were forced to retreat.
After establishing order in the coastal regions, Admiral Proudmoore advised in striking the Horde base hidden in the region of the Channel Islands. Scouts managed to locate the outpost in Zul'Dare and the Alliance military sent forces to destroy it.
In the RPG
Zul'Dare is a sizeable island to Gilneas' southeast that is also part of the Gilnean kingdom and remains inviolate. After the Third War, Kul Tiras ships traveled to the island's cliffs, sending up carrier pigeons with pleas for support, but nothing responded. Indeed, some ships do not return at all. Rumors in Kul Tiras point to a naga force hiding somewhere in the area, and some whisper that Gilneas is in their possession.
- Despite its distinctly Troll-sounding name, Zul'Dare has never been associated with trolls nor has it been said that any trolls live there.
- Although Kul Tiras' position was retroactively changed in World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 3, Crestfall and Zul'Dare weren't moved and remained on their spots.
The island the Horde was on when a scout reported that forest trolls had been "captured on the mainland, not far from the shore" could have been Zul'Dare. When Rend Blackhand and the trolls returned, they landed on the northern part of the island, which would match with Zul'Dare's location.
- It would also match with Warcraft II as the first two missions were an attack on Zul'Dare and a raid at Hillsbrad with the objective of rescuing Zul'jin and his trolls.
- World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2 later changed the chronology and details of Zul'jin's rescue to have happened later in story in Hillsbrad, with no mention of trolls arriving on Zul'Dare.
Zul'Dare's position in Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness.
The Channel Islands in Warcraft II, with Zul'Dare as the southeastern-most big island.
Zul'Dare in Warcraft II: The Dark Saga.
The island located north of Kul Tiras in Warcraft Adventures.
Zul'Dare and the Channel Islands can be seen north of Kul Tiras in an early WoW map.
Zul'Dare south of Gilneas alongside Crestfall in Chronicle 3.
- ^ a b World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2, pg. 157
- ^ a b Zul'dare (WC2 Orc)
- ^ File:Chronicle2 Eastern Kingdoms Before the First War.jpg
- ^ a b Attack on Zul'dare (WC2 Human)
- ^ Tol Barad (WC2 Human)
- ^ Lands of Conflict, pg. 97
- ^ File:Chron3 map of EK in the Third War.jpg
- ^ Tides of Darkness, chapter 4