|This article concerns content exclusive to Battle for Azeroth and is subject to change at any time as development progresses.
This article should only contain officially released content, such as beta and press release content. See Wowpedia's policy on posting unreleased content.
|This article is a location stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Level: 110 - 120|
Battle Pet Level: 25
|Sources: Battle for Azeroth|
Zuldazar (pronounced "zool-DUH-zahr") is the massive capital city of the Zandalari Empire, built atop the highest peaks of Zandalar. It is built in a series of giant ziggurats that look like a towering mountain from a distance. Different troll tribes distrust one another and have often fought one another, but every six years, envoys from all the troll tribes arrive at Zuldazar in order to share information and discuss matters that may affect the entire troll race. It is the oldest city on Azeroth still standing.
Originally, Zandalar was a holy mountain range in southern Kalimdor where the early trolls believed their sacred Wild Gods, or "loa", dwelled. The trolls built several small encampments upon the slopes of Zandalar, but the Zandalar tribe, the most powerful of the troll tribes, claimed all of Zandalar's highest plateaus, and atop its highest peaks they built a small cluster of shrines. These shrines later grew to a bustling city given the name Zuldazar. It has or had a great palace where King Rastakhan resided, as well as a forum and a market.
Years later, as conflict once again erupted between the Alliance and Horde, the blood trolls invaded from Nazmir, and launched an insurrection against Rastakhan. It was only after the Horde saved Zul and Talanji from the Stormwind Stockades that Zandalar opened its borders to non-trolls. Now, other races such as tol'vir and tuskarr gather in Zuldazar's port to do trade.
Maps and subregions
|Instance name||Level range||Group size||Approximate run time|
|Atal'Dazar||110 - 120||5 player||Unknown|
- Atal'Dazar Flight Paths from
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Nazmir||110 - 120||Northeast||???|
|Vol'dun||110 - 120||Northwest||???|
- Main article: Zuldazar NPCs
- Main article: Zuldazar storyline
- Main article: Zuldazar vignettes
In the RPGThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG and is considered non-canon.
Zuldazar includes standard troll architecture: It features a winding, tiered structure of walls and buildings. Thousands of cannibalistic jungle trolls inhabit these ziggurats. Zuldazar is the seat of King Rastakhan and hosts a gathering of all the troll tribes every six years; the trolls meet to share information and plot (most likely).
Notes & trivia
- Patch 8.0.1 (NYI): Added.
- ^ BlizzCon 2017, World of Warcraft | What's New
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 70
- ^ The Troll Compendium: Zandalar Tribe
- ^ Battle for Azeroth - Zandalar
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1
- ^ : We NEED dis land! Da cataclysm destroyed our home!
- ^ The Dark Prophet Zul
- ^ Trader Kro#Quotes
- ^ Quest:The Word of Zul: Dockmaster Cobo says: He was wrong. Oh there was damage, but Zul fled, with our fleet, and started a few wars. Those of us who stayed, endured. We rebuilt. Because THAT is what it means to be a Zandalari.
- ^ 2017-11-03, WOW: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH NEW CONTINENTS, ZONES, BLIZZCON 2017. Blizzpro, retrieved on 2017-04-11
- ^ Quest:Shakedown
- ^ Lands of Mystery, pg. 81 - 82
No zone ID specified. Please edit this article and add it.