Ferocious Bite is a level 10 Feral druid finishing move that causes damage per combo point and consumes up to 25 additional energy to increase damage by up to 100%, so with 5 additional energy it would do a seventh more damage.
Tips and tactics
- Using this ability when procs will negate the base 25 energy cost. However up to 25 energy (if available) will still be spent on the ability's additional effect.
- or may produce more damage under most conditions, including high armor on the target.
- In PvE, this is thus only advisable once you already have a or , and a up.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Ferocious Bite damage increased by 30%.
- Hotfix (2017-02-16): "Ferocious Bite works correctly if cast with less than 50 energy while Omen of Clarity is active."
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now available at level 10 (was 3).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now available only to Feral. No longer has double critical strike chance against bleeding targets. Damage increased by 45%.
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Damage increased by 12%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now has double the normal chance to critically strike against bleeding targets (instead of having an additional 25% chance to critically strike).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now consumes 25 Energy for additional damage, down from 35. No longer heals when used. Will now also refresh Rip if the target has less than 25% health, and has an additional 25% chance to critically strike against bleeding target.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Damage has been increased by 15%. In addition, its base cost has been reduced to 25 energy and it can use up to 25 energy, for up to a 100% damage increase.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Ability reworked to increase damage done per combo point by a percentage instead of by a static amount.
- Patch 3.0.9 (2009-02-10): This ability now only uses up to 30 energy in addition to its base cost.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): Book of Ferocious Bite (Rank 5) now drops off The Beast in Blackrock Spire. In addition, Ferocious Bite now increases in potency with greater attack power.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Damage per combo point has been increased. In addition, extra energy now converts to damage at a higher rate.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Added.