In Defense of Dalaran
110 (Requires 110)
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Progress
- 5 Completion
- 6 Gains
- 7 Notes
- 8 Criteria of
- 9 Progression
- 10 Patch changes
- 11 External links
Enter the Violet Hold through Khadgar's portal, and defeat Hakkar the Houndmaster.
We have everything we need to set the trap for Hakkar.
Archmage Khadgar will summon a portal to the Violet Hold. Once inside, he will begin to channel his essence into the arcane vessel at your command.
Our allies will be armed with the weapons you brought them, ready to fight when Hakkar takes the bait.
You shall be granted the title: Huntmaster <name>
We must defeat Hakkar!
You have no idea how relieved I am to see you!
- 24,680 XP
- When you are ready, I will create a portal that leads directly into the Violet Hold.
Create the portal.
Stage 1: Arcane Essence
Speak to Khadgar when you are ready for him to being channeling his essence into the arcance[sic] vessel.
- Speak to Archmage Khadgar
- Halduron Brightwing says: My rangers are armed and ready to fight by your side!
- Vereesa Windrunner says: My archers have their bows loaded, ready to shoot any demons that dare enter these walls.
Stage 2: Becoming the Bait
Watch over Archmage Khadgar as he channels his essence into the arcane vessel
- Let Archmage Khadgar become the bait
- Archmage Khadgar speaks as he walks over to the Arcane Vessel.
- Archmage Khadgar says: I will begin to channel my essence into the arcane vessel.
- Archmage Khadgar says: Once the process is complete, Hakkar should be drawn to the vessel's magic.
- He begins channeling his magical essence into the vessel.
- Archmage Khadgar says: While my essence is contained within the vessel, I will be in a weakened state, unable to assist.
Stage 3: Discovering Demons
Use your Flare to see if Hakkar has taken the bait.
Use your Flare ability. Be ready to fight once you do so.
- Vereesa Windrunner says: Is it working?
- Halduron Brightwing says: Has Hakkar taken the bait?
- Shandris Feathermoon says: Send up a flare, and we shall see.
Stage 4: Defeat Kreenam and Czaadym
Defeat Hakkar's felhounds, Kreenam and Czaadym.
Hakkar's favored felhounds will immediately aggro to you once they enter the area. Despite their non-elite status, together they inflict heavy damage and so it's recommended that you use a Tenacity pet. Use immediately when it becomes available for use and interrupt their spell when possible.
- Shandris Feathermoon yells: Demons are near! Sentinels, ready your blades!
- Vereesa Windrunner yells: Archers, mark your targets!
- Shandris runs down to engage the felhounds with her fellow Sentinels, while Halduron and Vereesa fight at range alongside their respective groups.
- Hakkar appears from the main fel portal at the back of the Violet Hold as his felhounds engage you.
- Hakkar the Houndmaster yells: So we meet again.
- Hakkar the Houndmaster yells: Your presence was not accounted for, but I believe my hounds will enjoy making a meal of you nonetheless.
- Hakkar the Houndmaster yells: When they are done tearing you apart limb from limb, they will begin their feast on the magical prisoners within these cells.
- Hakkar the Houndmaster yells: Once sated, my hounds will charge the city, slaughtering everyone in their path.
- Hakkar the Houndmaster yells: Dalaran will fall to the Burning Legion!
- The hunter adventurer slays Kreenam and Czaadym.
Stage 5: Defeat Hakkar the Houndmaster
Defeat Hakkar the Houndmaster within the Violet Hold.
- Defeat Hakkar the Houndmaster
- Hakkar the Houndmaster yells: My hounds!
- Hakkar the Houndmaster yells: You will pay with your life for what you've done!
- Hakkar travels down the staircase, ready to kill the hunter adventurer.
Final Stage: Speak to Archmage Khadgar
Let Archmage Khadgar know that Dalaran will be safe, thanks to your heroic actions.
- Speak to Archmage Khadgar
- Halduron Brightwing says: The portals are closing! Rangers, lets finish off the last of these felhounds.
Once Halduron is finished with speaking the above, you can complete before leaving the scenario. If you choose not to, you can still talk to him outside the main building at Trueshot Lodge.
- Archmage Khadgar says: You have done what the Kirin Tor could not do for ourselves. The Houndmaster's death will deliver a crushing blow to the Burning Legion's forces.
- Archmage Khadgar says: Let us leave this place, and celebrate our victory among friends.
- Archmage Khadgar creates a portal to Highmountain.
Trueshot Lodge (after the scenario)
- The members of the Unseen Path, along with allied leaders, are gathered around in a loose circle at the front of Trueshot Lodge.
- Hemet Nesingwary says: I hope ya shot that demon right between the eyes!
- Quest completion
- Emmarel begins walking down the path from the lodge to the Visage of Ohn'ahra.
- Emmarel Shadewarden says: With Hakkar dead, the citizens of Dalaran will be safe. Most will never know the threat they faced, thanks to your heroic actions.
- Emmarel Shadewarden says: You struck the fel lord down before he had a chance to terrorize the city. You upheld the oath we all took to watch and protect.
- Emmarel Shadewarden says: It would be naive to assume this is the last threat Azeroth will face.
- Emmarel Shadewarden says: The Burning Legion is at our doorstep, demanding to be reckoned with.
- Emmarel Shadewarden says: In times like these, our oath is more important than ever.
- Emmarel Shadewarden says: We do not fight for glory, for fame, or riches.
- She pauses at the visage, then kneels in front of it.
- Emmarel Shadewarden says: We exist to protect those who need it most, often without reward or recognition.
- Emmarel Shadewarden says: We are the watchers in the wild.
- Emmarel Shadewarden says: We are the eagle on the wind.
- Emmarel Shadewarden says: We walk the lonely road.
- Emmarel Shadewarden says: For ours is the Unseen Path.
- Emmarel stands up and walks away.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.