It is a strong and sturdy type of wood that was studied by the high elven craftsmen at their lumber mills and then used in the construction of ballistae and Alliance shipyard platforms. Night elven ballistae were also known to fling heavy bolts of ironwood at both enemy forces and structures.
Forest troll lumber mills were generally carved out of the husks of ancient fallen ironwood trees. This might imply that ironwood trees grow around Zul'Aman and neighboring areas around the northern Eastern Kingdoms.
An altar made of ironwood and Blackroot was used by Gul'dan during one of his dark incantations to kill many of his necrolyte followers and instill their evil spirits into the corpses of fallen Knights of Stormwind to form the first of the unholy Death knights which later fought in the Second War.
World of Warcraft
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
Items made from Ironwood
Other uses of Ironwood
- Ironwood Staves and Wands, a weapon shop located in the Cleft of Shadow in Orgrimmar.
- Ironwood Buzzer, a hostile firefly beast found in Felwood.
- Irontree Woods and Ironwood Digsite.
- The Restoration druid ability is able to make its target's skin becomes as tough as ironwood.
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Alliance Buildings, Elven Lumber Mill
- ^ World of Warcraft: Traveler, chapter 18
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Alliance Ground Units, Ballista
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Alliance Buildings, Shipyard
- ^ Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos manual, Night Elf Units
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Orc Buildings, Troll Lumber Mill
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, The History of Orcish Ascension, The First War of Orcish Ascension
- ^ World of Warcraft: Traveler, chapter 28