Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
A popular sub-type is the hammer which resembles the more practical tool used in some professions.
One-handed maces are often used by combat rogues because of their high delay and high damage range, and priests, shamans, and druids because many exist that give procs or attribute bonuses beneficial to casters. They can also be used by death knights, paladins, warriors and monks.
Two-handed maces can be used by death knights, druids, paladins, shamans, and warriors. According to Warcraft lore, the two-handed warhammer was the favored weapon of the Knights of the Silver Hand, led by Uther the Lightbringer. Following the death of Uther at the hands of Arthas and the devastation of the Order, the weapon fell out of favor as that was exclusively used by paladins.
Humans and dwarves have , which increases Expertise in that weapon slot by 1% when wielding a mace.
- The Doomhammer, legendary weapon of the orc Warchief Orgrim Doomhammer and his successor Thrall.
- , available at Exalted reputation with respective Alterac Valley factions.
- , an epic two-hand mace that dropped from Kel'Thuzad in Naxxramas.
- , another epic two-hand mace that drops from High King Maulgar in Gruul's Lair in Blade's Edge Mountains.
- , the two-handed paladin warhammer of Arthas Menethil.
- Krolmir, Hammer of Storms, weapon of Thorim, the Titanic watcher of the Temple of Storms.
- Hammer of the Lightbringer, The warhammer of Uther the Lightbringer