Mechano-tanks, often called spider tanks and sometimes mechaspiders, are mechanical tanks with a spider-like design. Making their first appearance in World of Warcraft, these tanks were designed by the gnomes of Gnomeregan to help defend their city and aid their allies. The leper gnomes, having taken control of parts of the city after Gnomeregan was irradiated by Mekgineer Thermaplugg, now pilot the ones left behind. The tanks are often either equipped with machine guns or a flame thrower. They are also capable of jumping great heights.
- Ancient Mechano-Tank
- Arachnopod Destroyer
- Defendo-tank 66D
- DX-9000 Spider Tank "Legionkiller"
- Ejector Mechano-Tank (removed)
- Flametron 5000
- Mechagnome Battletank
- Spider Tank Scout
- XB-488 Disposalbot
- Mechano-Tank (Legion Invasion)
As a mount
As a companion pet
Notes and trivia
- Operation: Gnomeregan made heavy use of these vehicles.
- When they first appeared in-game, the model used came with a leper gnome already in the pilot's seat. The Wrath of the Lich King expansion introduced a new model free of its passenger, thus allowing the vehicle more use outside leper gnome populated areas.
- The spider tank is vaguely reminiscent of the tachikoma from the anime Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
Jastor Gallywix riding his spider tank.