Ring of Frost
|Ring of Frost|
Ring of Frost is a level 75 mage talent. The mage conjures a large circle that will freeze any enemy or attackable mobs that cross the circle.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now available at level 75 (was 45).
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Ring of Frost cast instantly through now has a 2-second arming period before the Freeze effect is activated against targets in the area of effect. The 2-second arming period can be reduced by Haste.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Now has a 45 second cooldown, up from 30 seconds, and can no longer affect more than 10 targets.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a talent, has a 2 sec cast time, and causes targets to instantly become frozen. Cooldown reduced from 2 min to 30 sec, and duration reduced from 12 to 10 sec.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): and Ring of Frost will cause diminishing returns on each other, in addition to the spells they normally share diminishing returns with.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Ring of Frost now has a 1.5 second cast time.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Radius shrunk to 8 yards, and inner "safe" radius is now 4.7 yards (exactly matching graphic). Dispelling the effect of Ring of Frost will now make the target immune to being refrozen for 3 seconds. If a second Ring of Frost is cast by the same mage while the first is still active (via ), the first will now disappear and cease functioning. In addition, Ring of Frost now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.