110 (Requires 110)
+50 The Nightfallen
Inspect 6 pages of Kel'danath's Notes.
- Kel'danath's Notes read (6)
<As your fingers trace the elegant symbols on the page, a voice dictates the words in your mind.
It seems the nightborne have elevated even simple note-taking to a sorcerous art.
Arcanist Kel'danath was definitely working in this area. There must be more of his notes scattered around.>
<A bag containing countless pages of technical notes. Flipping through them, you find Kel'danath's last journal entry.>
- Arcanist Kel'danath says: Day 5: Wards prove effective at deterring the withered, but do nothing for the cacophony of critters and beasts outside. The nights are so loud out here.
- Arcanist Kel'danath says: I relish what little sleep I can manage. Tomorrow I begin looking for subjects.
- Arcanist Kel'danath says: Day 9: Still no luck communicating with the withered. I must regard this failure not as a measure of ability, but a measure of progress.
- Arcanist Kel'danath says: Day 14: The new subject, number 16, is special. His arcane essence is touched by some mysterious power. I have named him Theryn.
- Arcanist Kel'danath says: Day 16: Breakthrough! Using Theryn's essence as the base, I have crafted a spell that calms the withered. At least, it works sometimes...
- Arcanist Kel'danath says: Day 24: Awoke to a night elf's blade at my neck. He asked what I was doing to the withered. "Searching for a cure," I replied. He merely grunted, and disappeared into the woods.
- Arcanist Kel'danath says: Day 33: Low on arc-wine. Theryn making excellent progress. Shal'an remains stubborn. Crystals becoming harder to find.
- Arcanist Kel'danath says: Day 40: A massive ettin trampled through my workshop at Koralune Manor. Scared him away with magic. Have a feeling he will be back...
- Arcanist Kel'danath says: Day 50: The sky... has turned black. Demons... everywhere. And this hunger... this endless hunger...
- Arcanist Kel'danath says: Subjects released... I can no longer protect them...
- Arcanist Kel'danath says: My spellstone... someone please... use it to carry on my work...
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.