- Bloodhoof – The chieftain's own tribe.
- Cliffwalker – A tribe living at Cliffwalker Post in Stonetalon Mountains.
- Cloudsong – They picked up the role of spiritual leaders of the tauren shamans after the Skychaser tribe was nearly wiped out.
- Darkmane – A tribe known for being a jack of all trades.
- Dawnchaser – A tribe of tauren living in Krasarang Wilds.
- Dawnstrider – The Dawnstrider tribe are experienced enchanters and skilled shamans.
- Eagletalon – This tribe hunts the harpies of Mulgore.
- Farwanderers – A tribe that once lived at Camp Narache in Mulgore.
- Grimtotem – This tribe is the only dissenting tribe, refusing to join Cairne and the Bloodhoof, because they meant the Tauren tribes should not ally the newly arrive Horde.
- Highmountain – A tribe with several notable members who fought (and still fight) against the Burning Legion.
- Longstride – A tribe of tauren that resides in Azeroth and Outland.
- Mistrunner – The Mistrunners tribe is dedicated to the druidic path and seeks to heal the earth and ease the suffering of the Earthmother.
- Ragetotem – The Ragetotem tauren are the fiercest warriors among the tauren.
- Runetotem – These have recently rediscovered the ways of the druid.
- Skychaser – These tauren were the spiritual leaders of the tauren shamans. They were nearly wiped out during the Grimtotem coup to take over Thunder Bluff.
- Skyseer – A small tribe of tauren residing around Kalimdor.
- Stonehoof – The Stonehoof are the most talented smiths among the tauren.
- Stonespire – A tribe nearly wiped extinct by dwarven forces in the Northern Barrens.
- Thunderhorn – These make up the greatest hunters among the tauren.
- Wheathoof – A tribe of farmers residing in Mulgore.
- Whitecloud – A small tribe that resides in Kalimdor.
- Wildmane – This tribe has largely joined the Runetotem in seeking the ways of the druid.
- Wildrunner – A small tribe that reside mostly in Mulgore.
- Windtotem – A small tribe that reside mostly in Mulgore.
- Winterhoof – The Winterhoof tribe represents some of the greatest herbalists and alchemists the tauren have to offer.
- Younghoof – A small tribe that reside mostly in Mulgore.
- Tribemother Torra also mentions being the last survivor of her tribe.
- Icemist – The largest taunka tribe, formerly residing in Icemist Village but now taking refuge in the Westwind Refugee Camp of Dragonblight.
- Wintergale – A small taunka tribe living in Taunka'le Village in eastern Borean Tundra.
- Bataari – An aggressive tribe that frequently assaults Binan Village, residing in Fire Camp Bataar, Kun-Lai Summit.
- Burilgi – A small tribe of yaungol that has sacked Muskpaw Ranch in Kun-Lai Summit.
- Deadtalkers – A tribe of necromancers residing at the Deadtalker's Plateau in Townlong Steppes.
- Gai-Cho – An aggressive tribe locked in combat with the Krik'thik mantid and the Shado-pan. They reside in eastern Townlong Steppes.
- Ordo – A tribe of raiders who sacked the Chow Farmstead and enslaved many pandaren. They reside in Fire Camp Ordo in the Kun-Lai Summit.
- Ordon – A war-loving tribe of yaungol who worship Ordos. They reside on the Timeless Isle.
- Osul – An aggressive tribe that is attempting to break into Kun-Lai Summit through the Ox Gate.
- Palewind – An extinct tribe of yaungol in Townlong Steppes, wiped out by a sha infestation.
- Ruqin – An aggressive tribe of yaungol that frequently assaults the Burlap Trail. They reside in Fire Camp Ruqin in the Kun-Lai Summit.
- Yongqi – An aggressive tribe of yaungol that has assaulted Yinying Village. They reside in Fire Camp Yongqi in the Kun-Lai Summit.
- Bloodtotem – An aggressive tauren tribe that would eventually join the Legion.
- Highmountain – The dominant tauren tribe of the Broken Isles.
- Ironhorn – A renowned tribe of blacksmiths, living atop Highmountain Peak.
- Prepfoot – A tribe of doomsayers who believe Deathwing will return to destroy the world.
- Rivermane – A very peaceful and shamanic tribe of tauren.
- Skyhorn – A tribe renowned for their hunting abilities.